Chief Legal Counsel
YALE COLLEGE — NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT
Graduated Cum Laude with Distinction in Economics; 3.6 GPA on 4.0 scale.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SCHOOL OF LAW
J.D., August, 1983
Graduated with Honors, Order of the Coif; GPA: 83.2
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY — COLUMBUS, OHIO
Graduate Business School, 1977-1978
Completed 36 hours of finance/accounting course work; 4.0 GPA on 4.0 scale.
CAPITAL CONSULTANTS CORPORATION — WASHINGTON, D.C.
Chief Legal Counsel
- Responsibilities primarily include tenant representation in commercial leasing transactions (including prime leases, subleases, lease assignments and lease assumptions). Clients include CIENA Corporation, Iconixx Corporation, The Summit Foundation, Capitol Investment Associates, ABS Capital Partners, Capital Market Solutions, Concept Five Technologies, Direct Selling Association and imc2.
1998 – 2000
HOGAN & HARTSON L.L.P. — WASHINGTON, D.C.
Counsel, Real Estate Department
- Responsibilities primarily included structuring, negotiating and documenting complex commercial real estate transactions, including commercial leasing transactions, acquisitions, financings and sales, for various major corporate clients.
PREMINGER & GLAZER — WASHINGTON, D.C.
- Responsibilities primarily included structuring, negotiating and documenting complex commercial real estate transactions, including commercial leasing transactions, acquisitions, financings and sales.
NATELLI COMMUNITIES — GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND
- Responsibilities primarily included structuring, negotiating and documenting complex commercial debt and equity financing transactions for ownership and development of large residential communities.
STEPTOE & JOHNSON — WASHINGTON, D.C
- Responsibilities primarily included structuring, negotiating and documenting commercial financing transactions, including debt and equity financings for real estate acquisitions, aircraft lease financings, international joint venture financing structures, reorganizations and workouts, disposition of portfolios of failed financial institutions, and loan participations.
BAKER & BOTTS — WASHINGTON, D.C.
- Responsibilities primarily included commercial financing and transactional work, particularly the negotiation and documentation of joint venture equity financing structures for the development and ownership of major commercial real estate projects. Responsibilities also included structuring, negotiating and documenting project debt financings and refinancings, purchases and sales of development projects and/or of equity interests therein, project management and development contracts, ground leases, commercial tenant leases, cash flow and equity participations, and advisement in partnership taxation issues and structures.
COVINGTON & BURLING — WASHINGTON, D.C.
- State Bar of Texas
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Bar of the State of Maryland